André La Gerche | What effect does elite sport have on the heart?
Presented by MAAP
Throughout the podcast we discussed with André:
- How he became amazed by the heart and sport in particular
- His first PhD on arrhythmia in elite athletes
- His role at the Baker Institute
- Why people have heart attacks?
- Does sport cause heart attacks?
- The effect of Mitch Andersons 24 hour record on his heart
- What would a pro athlete’s heart look like after a 3-week stage race?
- Working with former professional cyclist Will Walker
- What can athletes do?
- How you can measure heart recovery?
- Does the cardiovascular system affect the chances of an athlete becoming a professional?
- Cardiovascular disease in Australia
- What do we know about sudden deaths?
We hope you enjoy the podcast.